Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One down, five to go.

A week down, only five more to go before I fly down for Shawn's graduation.
I'm telling you, this sucks. I have no idea how my aunt does it. Going to work before one used to mean seeing Shawn. I'm used to getting off late at night and Shawn would be there waiting for me by my car. I used to have a bad day and he would be there with a rose and a hug to make it all better. Now that he is gone, it feels like I'm all alone.
I know that is not really the case. But it still feels like it. It's one thing to have family and friends for support and to be there with, but its a whole different story to have your speacial someone there. I do understand that this is for the best in the long run. That he is doing his best and serving out Country so that we can be Free. And I love that that is the case. I know I shouldnt whine or complain, that I need to get used to it. And that others have gone through longer.
But can I just say I miss him?
His laugh, his smile, his arms holding me tight. His hands fitting perfect with mine. The surprise visits, the Monster drinks, I even miss him sneaking up behind me and scaring the crap out of me. The way he would listen to all my crazy plans and dreams, and give me input on all I say. I miss hearing, here comes Kimber and Shawn. Like two peas in a pod, always together.
Just a few more months and it will be that way again.
Only 251 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment