Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bring on Aveda!

So yesterday since I didn't have to work, I thought I would go look at a couple apartments and some more cosmetology schools.

I ended up at Aveda Institute Provo. Some of you may be familiar with their products. I walked in and everything was covered in an inch of dust, they were under construction. I had the tour, and had to pretty much imagine what it would look like. Then I sat down in the office with Jed, the head of addmissions. He told me all about their salons. I have to say it was mighty impressive! Everything from the starlit ceiling to the pewter wash bowls was top notch. As he started talking about the ambassadors, I fell in love! Hahaha well I just knew that this was the school for me. But then we talked tuition, it's $18,000 for the 16 month program, plus a $2,500 supply fee. Ouch! We talked for more than an hour. Weird fact: He was from Valdez. They had a session starting Mach 17th, two weeks from now. They were taking off $5,000 from tuition because they were under construction still. Then they were starting another in June, and another in September. I left thinking there is probably no way I'll ever be able to attend. But I called mom raving about how fantastic and high end this school was. She told me that I needed to go back and start the admissions process. $5,000 of was a good deal, I would only need to pay $15,200 including the supply fee. Which at this point, was cheaper than Paul Mitchel.

So I'm now doing the admission process. I've got five days to turn all this in;
Personal Statement
Comparative Statement (Compair Paul Mitchel, Aveda and Taylor Andrews)
Letter of Reference (Not family, friend)
Personal Reference (Family, friend)
Passport Photos (Check! I look retarded though because he told me not to smile, but Ben made me laugh so I half smiled half didn't.)
DVD-R Of Me, Myself, and I.
Registration Fee of $300

I have till Saturday, 6pm to get all that turned in.

So lets cross my fingers to see if i get in! And if I don't, it's no big deal, there are plenty of other times, and plenty of other schools to choose from!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, I was there for that conversation!!!! I was listening the whole time (to a basically one-sided conversation, cuz I couldn't hear you) good luck!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete