Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mardi Gras

So we had our last show of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged tonight. It's so sad to know it's over. I've made so many new friends, who are amazing by the way. I think we all had a pretty good time together! And hopefully we will all keep in touch and hang out still. Now that I have all this free time at night, I don't know what I'm going to do with it...?

Last night after a very successful show, we all decided to go to the Mardi Gras festival down in the Student center at UVU. Shari took me home so I could change from my work clothes, then we went to her house, got all dressed up Mardi Gras style, with masks =) Then we met up with Robbie, Josh, Will and Sean to watch the hypnotize show. I really don't believe in it at all. And I had never seen a show before, so I thought it would be a laugh. The guy, Bruce, came all the way from New Orleans. Lets just say the show was AMAZING! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. They had probably about 100 volunteers, OK, maybe not that much, probably more like 60-70, but it was a lot. Josh and Will were two of them. Bruce started out getting them all peace full lalala. Then people just started passing out. e did a couple more things. Several of the volunteers got up and left. He would do different stuff until about half the volunteers were left, they were the ones who were so deep in it, you could practically say anything and they would do it.
Josh was in the last half.
Bruce had then visualize a smell so bad, like weeks old locker socks. And the smell was just soo bad you can hardly stand it. It was very amusing to watch the peoples faces. They were all passed out asleep all over the stage. One girl sat right up and started gagging, we all thought she was going to puke all over the others. Then Bruce changed the smell to Roses. The best thing you could ever smell. The volunteers started smelling each other, they got so into it, it looked like they were all making out with each other. It was so funny.
Bruce picked three girls, and told them that one of them was the real Brittney Spears, but we didn't know which one was it. When he snapped his fingers they all started singing Hit me baby one more time, or what ever that song is called. They would fight and push each other out of the way.
Then he had a group of ballerinas. That was amusing to watch they guys.
Then they went into the audience and sat on someone they didn't know. Josh sat on a guy's lap. Bruce then told them that they are to act like they are in love with that person in which they are sitting on, run their hands through their hair, look at them like their in love with them. That was super amusing! Josh kinda snapped out of it for a minute, looked at Robbie and said "What the hell?" But then just climbed over the chair and onto a girls lap, where he was told to kiss her with all the love possible, but that there was a piece of Plexiglas between then so he cant touch her lips. Then he told all the guys that when he clears his throat, they will all check their zippers.
Then last but not least, he told everyone to return to their seats. Josh came back and sat with us, but you could tell he was still out of it. Bruce said that when he said "Superstars" They would all remember they are the group Nsync and would sing Bye Bye Bye. So when he was saying thank you to everyone and the show was ending, he said "And no matter what, remember you are all Superstars!" And everyone jumped up and ran on stage, it was awesome!

Josh couldn't remember anything past falling asleep. He also didn't believe us when we said he tried to make out with a guy. So we told him we had pictures and showed him. He's still in denial.
One of the funny things is that, I cleared my throat, without thinking about it later on, and he totally checked his zipper, we did it to him a couple times through out the night. It was amusing.

After that, we headed to the Mechanical Bull. Heck yes, I finally got to ride one! I don't think I did that bad. It was so much fun! Josh and Will went on over and over and over again. To the point that they both had major bruises on their thighs.
And then we went back into the Regan and watched The Princess and the Frog until four in the morning. When we finally went home.

It was one of the funnest nights ever! And another funny fact, I'm under 18, which means I wasn't supposed to be there. They were IDing everyone at the front. You needed either to prove you were 18 or over, or have a UVU ID. I just so happened to have an ID, yay me!

(Pictures and Videos to come soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment