Monday, August 8, 2011

Ahhh

So I'm still in Kodiak. Last day here. Amy and Jake fly in tomorrow morning and I fly out later that night. It's been fun but I'm so ready to be home, in my own bed with my puppy. Oh how I miss my boy! It's weird but he's like my baby, so not seeing him for a week is driving me nuts. I need to have a dog around me at all times! It's just normal.

I talked to Ben and Megan yesterday. I miss them so much. I admit I cried a little after I got off the phone. I've spent the last three summer's in Utah, so this year has been hard not seeing them. But I was excited to hear they are coming up for Christmas! So I can't wait to see them!

We cleaned all morning today. Betsy is ready for mom and dad to come home. She threw a giant fit and was didn't want anyone. The boys started asking if she wants mom and dad, so of course she started screaming "mommy, daddy!" They decided to call them. I wasnt going to stop them, they could try that, although I think it would make it worse for both sides. Amy and Jake talked to her trying to calm her, but she wasnt having any of it. The boys thought it was the funniest thing. I decided it was nap time. When in doubt, they are tired lol. She went right to sleep, didn't even fuss about it.

Jacob wants me to make Enchiladas for dinner. I LOVE enchiladas! But I'm sorta done with cooking lol. I've cooked more this week than I have all summer, maybe even all year! I know it's sad, but it's true. When you live alone and just cook for yourself, it's hard to bring yourself to really put effort into making food. Easier to just through something in the oven of microwave.

Shawn comes home soon! He texted me the other night, he's so ready to be home. And I agree, he called while he was out with his friends, just to say hi and he misses me, it's nice to hear his voice. I don't get to hear from him a lot lately, just a text before bed really. They've been keeping him pretty busy. We're still not sure exactly when he will be home, we just know it's the end of August. It would be nice if they would give him an date though...

Betsy is still sleeping, the boys are now running amuck outside, Jacob is still cleaning here and there. He is like the cleaning nazi lol, the house has to be clean or he goes crazy. And it doesn't help that the boys just ignore him...and me to for that matter lol. I just feel like the house will be clean when we get around to it. It's not bad enough that it stresses me out, so I don't worry about it. I guess thats where how we were raised kicks in. It's a good thing to, then later on in life he wont have a problem keeping a clean house. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment